Friday, September 23, 2011

Awsome Indoor Waterfall

So this shall be my first official post :) Now this is something that I watch several years ago on TV that has stuck with me. I'm not 100% sure what channel it was, nor the program, but I'm pretty sure it was Planet Green and they were running a special. Basically  the U.S. Department of Energy runs a contest every two years to build a green solar home called the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon, and the results are freaking awesome. There are green innovations up the wazoo, and my fav so far was back in 2007 with University of Maryland's Leaf House.



Now for those of you who know me know that I am a water person. I have BS in Marine Science and Biology, a certified SCUBA diver, and have lived in FL, HI, and Australia. I love listening to the sounds of the ocean, lakes, rivers, and steams. There is just something very tranquil and relaxing about those sounds for me. So the Maryland team innovated a heating and cooling system that incorporated an indoor wall waterfall called the Liquid Desiccant Waterfall.



Now I wont even pretend to know or explain the technical and mechanical details of how this works, but it is a dehumidifier system that help keeps the house cool and non-sticky during the summer. *Grins like a Chester Cat* I want one. How freaking cool would it be to have an indoor waterfall in your house that acts like a dehumidifier, helps cool the house, and runs on solar? I have decided that when I build my first green house, I am hunting down the engineering team and commissioning them to build me one. But hopefully I can get them to run the system not only on solar power but also through wind power, after all not everywhere is sunny for the majority of the.


No comments:

Post a Comment